Thursday, January 20, 2011

Carrot Spice Muffins

I won't tell you how many of these I just ate ;p  Suffice to say, they are really good. I used this recipe from Fat Free Vegan and tried out some new fun stuff I got a Basic Foods. I used Spelt flour and tofu in place of the yogurt. I also bought some Stevia Cane sugar.


I generally use Agave for everything but I saw this at HEB and thought I'd try it. It's half Stevia and half pure cane sugar so 1/2c equals 1c regular sugar. I only used 1/8 c plus the 1/3 c Agave and it was plenty sweet. I also added walnuts instead of raisins. I'm not a big raisin fan.

I'm wondeirng if using dates would allow me to cut out all the sugar?


Carrot Spice Muffins(click for printer-friendly version)

Dry ingredients:
1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour (or a mixture of whole wheat and unbleached flours)
1/4 cup natural sugar
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
Wet ingredients:
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup soy yogurt*
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 3)
1/4 cup raisins
Optional topping: Vanilla sugar
400 for 15-20 min

No comments:

Post a Comment