Monday, January 3, 2011

Eggplant Fajitas

I'm having fun experimenting with all vegan cooking :)  I severely need to go grocery shopping, but these were still good. I used the other half of my eggplant from last night. The key is to slice it really thick. Eggplant kinda "flops" if you cut it too thin. IMO the chunkier, the better.



I sauted it just long enough to brown a little but still raw enough to have some crunch to it. I also threw some bell peppers in there with it. I can think of a million things that would be awesome in these fajitas: black beans, avocado, salsa, come really colorful spanish rice with wild rice, cilantro... but all I had was a mushy tomato and some limes lol.


I have been using the Veggie Shreds from HEB and they really are not bad. I did use real sour cream though. I hear tell there is a vegan sour cream that I must find!

No comments:

Post a Comment