Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Healthiest Cookie Recipe Ever

Not even kidding! I do 1/4c choc chips and 1/4-1/2c walnuts. I think subbing applesauce for the oil works as well but haven't tried that yet. I've also subbed raisins for the dates and they were still good. So the choc chips have sugar, but as far as I can tell they are still devoid of animal products. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I forget the brand name I buy but it's the red bag and they are super dark chocolate. Sunny needs to post her homemade chocolate recipe! Honestly you can make these without any chocolate at all and they will still be good. OR use cocoa powder instead of chocolate chips.. mmm..



Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes 30 Cookies)

3 Bananas (preferably ripe or spotty bananas)
2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 Cup Dried Dates, pitted and chopped
1/4 Cup Oil
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips, Walnuts or Raisins
1/4 Tsp Salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash bananas in a bowl, and mix in the remaining ingredients.
3. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
4. Using a mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon, place the batter onto a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 25 Minutes.
5. Cool and serve.


Compliments of Weelicious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment